dublab presents: freeways
Six years after its initial release on Emperor Norton Records dublab is proud to announce the digital re-release of its first compilation album, “dublab presents: freeways.” This visionary collection, produced by frosty & Carlos Niño, gave the world an early taste of many, now-familiar artists and defined dublab¹s future roots aesthetic. “freeways” is an inspired view into Los Angeles¹ vibrant musical landscape. It is a living time capsule that remains light years ahead.
The landscape presented on “freeways” is expansive. Glowing pockets of beauty from the wide sprawl of Los Angeles are merged into a unified spectrum. These diverse, progressive songs reflect every shade of creative California soul and provide a roadmap to infinite adventure. “dublab presents: freeways” continues to speed sweetly into the future.
1. Languis & Fer Chloca – the sky below
2. Daedelus- a mashnote
3. Mia Doi Todd – digital, version 2.1
4. Dntel – if i don’t return
5. John Tejada – i’ll see you in a place with lights
6. Mannequin Lung – is it live?
7. Yesterday’s New Quintet – soul searchin’
8. Divine Styler – shen
9. Damon Aaron – don’t get up again
10. Nowhereman (aka Nobody) – seathrough dolphin smile
11. Ammoncontact – chord (parts 1-2)
12. Skull Valley – death zone reflection
13. Adam Rudolph nawa
14. Daedelus lover¹s dub (digital bonus track)
³Essential and soon-to-be-recognized-as-seminal compilation.²
- PITCHFORK (RATING 8.6)
³This record proves you can use machines to extend the sounds of the body,
instead of using them to build up an ever-mightier electronic fortress.²
- LA WEEKLY
³A blissed out compilation of sun drenched music from the city of angels.²
positive . music . driven . lifestyle